When the whole world was celebrating the last week of the year with Christmas carols and new year songs, a boy went into darkness.The boy couldn’t celebrate any of those days. What must be the reason ?. He did not celebrate her favourite festivals. No one could figure out what happened to the boy who never any left any celebration and was always joyful?
The reason behind all this is nothing but depression!! Yes, the boy went into depression. Many people thought what would be the reason behind him going into depression. Did someone insulted him? Did someone demeaned him? But there was no answer. Lets understand what is depression
Sadness is something we all experience. It is a normal reaction to difficult times in life and usually passes with a little time.When a person has depression, it interferes with daily life and normal functioning. It can cause pain for both the person with depression and those who care about him or her. Doctors call this condition “depressive disorder,” or “clinical depression.” It is a real illness. It is not a sign of a person’s weakness or a character flaw. You can’t “snap out of” clinical depression.
Signs and Symptoms
Sadness is only a small part of depression. Some people with depression may not feel sadness at all. Depression has many other symptoms, including physical ones. If you have been experiencing any of the following signs and symptoms for at least 2 weeks, you may be suffering from depression:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
- Decreased energy, fatigue, being “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Appetite and/or weight changes
- Thoughts of death or suicide, suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
- Persistent physical symptoms
Depression is treatable.here are some ways:-
- Take help of your medical professional.
- Try talk therapy, dance therapy or any therapy that you like.
- Meditation and yoga can also help
- Do whatever you like the most like drawing,dancing, singing,etc.
BACK TO STORY:-The boy is coming back to normal life after following all the treatment plans and is performing better than the phase before depression.This all became possible only because of strong will power and family support.