Basil seeds are black and tear-shaped seeds are also called as sabja seeds, tukamaria seeds, falooda seeds or sweet basil seeds. They swell when soaked in water and outer cover becomes gelatinised. Let’s see their benefits and the reason why it is so famous in summers.
- Coolant :-Basil seeds acts as one of the best body coolants, this is the reason that Basil seeds are usually consumed in the summers.It can be soaked and used in lemon juice, sherbets made of rose syrup,etc.
- Aids in constipation:- Basil seeds are rich in soluble fibre that smoothens the bowel movements which help to reduce constipation.
- Relieves acidity:-Basil seeds give a cooling effect on stomach.The best results are achieved when rose syrup and basil seeds are mixed with cold milk and then consumed.
- Heart healthy- These seeds are good sources of Alpha linolenic acid which helps in lowering cholesterol levels and helps in keeping the heart healthy
- Mood elevator-These seeds have the calming effect on the brain, that is why they are able to relieve stress, mental fatigue, depression and migraine. They also help in elevate our mood
- Increases immunity:- Basil seedsincreases the immunity of the body. The flavonoids vicenin, orientin and beta carotene fortify the body’s defence system.
SO HAVE DRINKS SPRINKLED WITH BASIL SEEDS AND STAY COOL IN SUMMERS